Loan report
First Team

Loan report

11th November 2021

Loan report

There are currently seven Saints players out on-loan, lets find out how they are getting on.

Max Kucheriavyi

Since we last caught up with Max, the Ukrainian has played two games for Brechin City. His first was against Strathspey Thistle where the midfielder put on a dazzling display at Glebe Park. The home side got off to a poor start, with Thistle taking a two goal advantage early on. Kucheravy set-piece delivery would be crucial through-out the 90 minutes. His corner would be met by a bullet header from Hamish Thomson, minutes later another corner from the Saints loanee was glanced in by David Cox to equalise. City would fall behind once again after Kris Duncan latched on to a rebounded shot, but another Cox header would see City equalise. Max rifled in a shot from just outside the box, giving Brechin the lead for the first time of the match. Three more goals from Andy Kirk’s men would confirm the victory.

His second game against Clachnacuddin wasn’t quite as eventful. Max tested the Clach keeper multiple times, however, he couldn’t provide the break-through Brechin needed. Marc Scott eventually broke the deadlock for City with his goal being the only thing that separated the two sides.

Jack Wills

The young keeper would be shocked in the opening six minutes with Strathspey Thistle scoring twice. After settling into the game Jack would pull off some decent saves one of which saw Kris Duncan score the rebound. For the rest of the game Wills wasn’t really tested and after the early scare, Brechin comfortably won 7-3.

Brechin would face Clachnacuddin next.  The Saints loanee wouldn’t really be challenged during the game, with the only real chance coming for Clach on the stroke of half-time, where a weak header was easily dealt with by the keeper.

Sam Denham

After the highs of scoring in the Scottish Cup against Haddington Athletic after a shocking car crash, it seemed as though the young centre-back was struggling with fatigue. He was one of three defenders dribbled past for Thistle’s first goal. Sam attempted to clear a crossed ball but miss-hit it which a Strathspey player pounced on to put in their third.

Andy Kirk would put the youngster on the bench for Brechin’s game against Clachnacuddin, giving Sam a rest after what had been an eventful couple of weeks.

Alex Ferguson

Alex Ferguson was not part of the Edinburgh City squad who lost 4-0 to Albion Rovers last weekend.


Cammy Ballantyne

Cammy has continued to be a mainstay in the Montrose midfield. Ballantyne set up a few chances for the Gable Endies against Peterhead, however they weren’t clear cut and Montrose struggled to break the deadlock. Sean Dillon would be sent-off, leaving the Angus side with 10 men. Stewart Petrie’s men put in a resilient performance to make sure they left Balmoor with one point.

Montrose hosted high-flying Cove next. It would be a battle with the conditions more than anything else, it was blowing a gale the length of Links Park. Cammy did well to get a hold of the game and keep the ball on the ground but he would be subbed with less than five minutes to go. The game ended in a goalless draw with both keepers pulling off some vital saves.

Charlie Gilmour

Gilmour would pick up his first win in an Alloa shirt against table-toppers Airdrieonians. The Saints loanee would start in the centre of the pitch for Barry Ferguson’s men. He put on a fantastic defensive display at the base of midfield, sweeping up any loose balls in sight and even putting in a crucial block in the 77th minute.

Charlie would face another tough test against full-time side Falkirk. It was another composed performance both on and off the ball. Falkirk took the lead with less than 10 minutes to go but Alloa equalised straight from kick-off. It was a well deserved point for the wasps.

Callum Hendry

Callum started on the bench for Kilmarnock against Queen of the South. The striker came on in the 71st minute with Killie leading 2-0. It would take Hendry less than 20 minutes to get on the scoresheet. The forward dribbled into the box and drilled a low shot past the keeper. A minute later he would turn provider, setting up Chris Burke with a delightful backheel.

Hendry would get a start in the next game against Partick Thistle, which proved to be a much tougher test. The striker was quiet for much of the game, with his only real chance coming in the 55th minute. Callum sliced a difficult volley over the bar. Tommy Wright took off the striker in the 72nd minute.


Back to News
Share on Social