Inverness CT 3-1 Saints

Saints headed into Friday’s friendly ahead of their tie against Inverness Caledonian Thistle looking to finish their pre-season campaign unbeaten.

With two wins and a draw, Tommy Wright's men headed to Grant Street Park - home of Clachnacuddin FC - to take on John Robertson’s side who would no doubt be looking to gain confidence with promotion in their sights this year.

The game got off to slow start with Danny Swanson’s early effort unable to trouble the home stopper.

Saints had with a great chance shortly after as Liam Craig was threaded through but the veteran midfielder tried to square the ball to McMillan when he may have been better shooting and the pass was cut out.

A goalmouth stramash followed as Saints dominated possession but Wotherspoon couldn’t guide his volley from a looping delivery beyond Ridgers.

Next to try his luck was Ross Callachan as the newly appointed number four thundered a low drive at goal from 20 yards after latching onto a loose ball. The effort was matched with a confident save from Caley 'keeper Ridgers.

Inverness look the lead against the run of play through James Keatings on 34 minutes. The one-time Saints striker netted coolly beyond Parish after being slotted in from Tom Walsh on the left flank.

Ali McCann made an important lunge to keep out Caley as the Highland side looked to grab a quick second. Saints defended the resulting corner effectively.

David McMillan started the Saints counter with a low strike after being set up by Craig. The attempt beat both keeper and post as the visitors hunted for a leveller.

Craig’s whipped free-kick as half time loomed was no trouble for Ridgers and the Highlanders went in 1-0 up at the break.

Kyle McClean replaced Steven Anderson at half-time with the defender struggling with an achilles problem.

Saints looked to bounce back in the second half with Ali McCann deputising at right-back and Wallace Duffy moving into central defence.

Scott Tanser mirrored his movement into the box against Morton three days ago and was fouled once again in the area with the referee showing no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

The similarities continued as the left back blasted home with aplomb from 12-yards-out.

On the hour mark, Ross Sinclair made his first appearance for the senior team when he replaced Elliot Parish.

And the Scone stopper was called into immediate action making a great save to keep out a 2-on-1 Thistle attack.

But from the resulting corner, Todorov bulleted a header home to restore the hosts’ lead.

Coll Donaldson rattled the bar from 18-yards-out as Caley ramped up the pressure.

Danny Swanson was replaced by Callum Hendry as Saints sought an equaliser and increasing pressure culminated in Hendry smashing a volley into a tangle of Thistle defenders.

John Robertson’s side added a third through Charlie Trafford with less than ten minutes to go and that wrapped up the scoring and the action in the Highlands.

SAINTS TEAM: Parish (Sinclair 64), Duffy, Tanser, Kerr (c), Anderson (McClean 45), McCann, Callachan, Craig, Wotherspoon, Swanson (Hendry 68), McMillan

UNUSED SUBS: Foster, Davidson, O'Halloran, Ballantyne, Northcott

SCORER: Tanser (pen 51)