RESERVES | Dunfermline 1-1 Saints

It was a blustery afternoon at New Central Park, Kelty as Saints Reserves drew 1-1 with Dunfermline Reserves in Fife.

Callum Hendry gave Saints the lead but Myles Hippolyte equalised for Dunfermline with all the game's goals coming in the first-half.

Experienced left-back Brian Easton managed to get another 90 minutes under his belt as he continues his comeback from long-term injury.

The wind played a significant part in the match this afternoon and the weather's impact was not a positive one in Kelty.

The game took a while to get going with both sides struggling to play much football in the conditions but it was Saints who had the first real chance of the match.

It came from a Dunfermline corner which allowed Saints to counter and Callum Hendry drove forward with the ball all the way to the edge of the area but his low effort treakled wide of the 'keeper's right post.

That was a warning for what was to come for Dunfermline because on 24 minutes Saints took the lead and it was no suprise to see Callum Hendry score.

The striker created the opportunity by pinching the ball from the Dunfermline defender before being played in by Olly Hamilton, showing great composure by rounding the 'keeper and putting his side in front.

The Fifers almost hit back quickly though when Lewis McCann was able to get a shot away from just inside the area but his effort crept just wide of Jack Wills' goal.

Saints could have doubled their lead when Dunfermline 'keeper Burt made an error clearing the ball straight to Hendry but his effort went wide from about 25-yards-out.

A thorn in the side of the opposition defence all day, Hendry won a free-kick about 30-yards-out but couldn't replicate his efforts from the previous Reserve match as his free-kick was blocked by the Dunfermline wall.

Alan Maybury's men looked comfortable but the hosts would level the match just before half-time.

Myles Hippolyte's effort from the edge of the area took a wicked deflection off Ben Quigley before hitting the back of the net via the post leaving Jack Wills with no chance.

The second half started fast and Olly Hamilton had the ball in the back of the net within five minutes of the restart but it was ruled out for offside.

Dunfermline forward Callum Smith missed a 1-on-1 moments later before Callum Hendry came close once again for Saints.

The impressive striker connected well with a volley from an Aaron Comrie cross but it went just wide of the target.

Chances were few and far between from then on with the wind causing havoc for both sides. Jack Wills saw a goal kick blow back almost 20 yards before going out of play for a throw-in as Saints played into the wind in the second half.

Callum Hendry had another chance from an Olly Hamilton corner but headed just wide as neither side could break the deadlock and the match finished 1-1.

SAINTS: Jack Wills, Aaron Comrie, Brian Easton, Ben Quigley, Jack Wilson, Marky Munro, Euan O'Reilly, Jamie McKenzie, Callum Hendry, Olly Hamilton (John Robertson 66), Ciaran Brian (Jordan Northcott 66).

UNUSED SUBS: Ross Sinclair, Gregor Donald, Jordan Bow, Kyle Green.

SCORER: Callum Hendry (24)