Job Vacancy: Youth Goalkeeping Coach
5th December 2023
We're currently recruiting for a part-time Goalkeeping Coach who will specifically work with our 12- to 18-year-old groups.
The roles and responsibilities for the vacancy are listed below:
Academy 12-18’s Goalkeeper Coach (Part Time)
Reporting to: Head of Goalkeeping and Head of Academy
Role: To deliver and implement the St Johnstone Goalkeeping Syllabus and Strategy
• To provide necessary coaching for groups under their control.
• To attend u18’s games programme, provide warm up, feedback and analysis
• To produce a weekly analysis of matches played and training learning outcomes
• To develop a positive relationship with the parents of the Goalkeepers in our programme.
• To identify the Goalkeepers available for each match and training session, ensuring responsibility is with each individual player to confirm his availability.
• To liaise with the Head of Academy regarding the inclusion of players on trial in their squad, while ensuring each player on trial is fully notified of all relevant details regarding coaching sessions/matches to be attended.
• Guiding the Goalkeepers on the clubs philosophy of healthy lifestyle, diet, drug awareness, education and code of conduct.
• Attend training courses as directed by S.F.A ,Head of Academy or Head of Goalkeeping
• To assist in producing player reports and yearly reports for Goalkeeping reviews.
• To assist in identification and recruitment of goalkeepers
• To take the necessary action if they have reasonable cause to suspect or believe a child or young person is being abused and to follow the guidelines in the Child Protection Policy to ensure all reasonable steps have been taken to minimise risk
- UEFA ‘B’ Goalkeeping Qualification (or working towards)
- PVG check undertaken
- A valid driving licence
- Good levels of communication skills
- Sensitive to the needs of young players, parents & guardians
- Desire to be an ambassador for St Johnstone FC in public role
- First Aid Qualification
- Computer Skills (Basic)
- Can work on own initiative.
Send a copy of your C.V. and covering letter to Craighinchliffe@perthsaints.co.uk
Closing date for applications - 3/01/24